Position Description: Sales Representative
Updated: February 2018
The Austin Sales Representative is responsible for generating sales growth at existing on and off-premise accounts in Austin and surrounding areas. The representative will also be responsible to expand Meridian Hive's customer base as well as brand building, industry events and general promotion of the meadery.
This entry-level sales position is a key role in helping Meridian Hive meet its aggressive growth goals for 2018 and beyond.
- Develop expert level knowledge of Meridian Hive’s portfolio of products
- Build strong relationships with your customers, prospects and partner Sales Reps
- Develop tactical plans to engage and manage assigned customer accounts
- Develop a strong pipeline of leads and convert new customers to meet sales targets
- Plan, schedule and lead promotional events that will drive additional revenue from accounts
- Maintain accurate records in Meridian Hive’s CRM systems
- Promote Meridian Hive in Austin, per brand guidelines, via social media platforms
Sample Person Profile
You thrive on putting quality products into customers’ hands. You are passionate about what you sell and enthusiastic about achieving individual results. You understand the need to work as part of a team; to learn from and leverage co-workers and management; and at the same time you succeed by working autonomously to exceed your targets. You have a strong desire to get involved with projects in other departments that will make Meridian Hive successful.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- At least two (2) years experience selling in the craft beverage industry
- Customer service experience in the alcoholic beverage industry preferred
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work with other employees, management and customers
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Willing to travel to customer sites within designated area
- Able to collaborate with other Sales team members and Distribution partners to accomplish joint goals
- MS Office proficiency
- Knowledge of (or ability to learn) company CRM & Brewery Management System
Considerations for the position
- Full training provided for successful applicants
- Be a part of the rapid growth of Austin’s multi-award-winning Meadery
Pay Structure: Commensurate upon experience.
Required licenses or certifications:
- Food Handler
- Driver's License
To submit your interest for the position and join the exciting and fun team at Meridian Hive, click the button below and Apply Now!
Job Type: Full-time